Question about AP credit

<p>I just got my AP scores… not as well as i hoped… but o well. got 3 on APUSH and 4 on stats. For APUSH i got B- in both semesters but i got a 3 on the test, will uc’s suspect grade inflation?
Also do people who score a 4 receive more credit than someone scoring a 3? how about a person with 5 and person with 4. Or if you get same credits as long as you score 3 or above?
Also i’m applying to Berkeley, UCLA, and UCSD this fall. Will my AP scores hurt me?</p>

<p>I have the same question about grade inflation, but credit depends on colleges. Some schools only give credit with 4+ or even 5. And from what I've heard, AP scores can only help and you don't even have to submit your scores if you don't want to.</p>

<p>Hope that helps</p>

<p>This is a UC thread so I'm talking about UC's, especially the top tier ones (not sure if that makes a difference).</p>

<p>I still think there's a difference though... I may be wrong</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
This is a UC thread so I'm talking about UC's,

[/QUOTE]

I think glock is talking about the UCs. Each of the UCs have different policies on AP credit. I have no idea how it works with admissions but in terms of receiving credit and being exempt from placement testing, it all differs between each UC. </p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
especially the top tier ones (not sure if that makes a difference).

[/QUOTE]

Just because one UC is ranked higher than another does not mean that you need a higher score on the AP exam to receive credit/be exempt from placement testing. For example, you are exempt from the math placement exam from UCSD if your receive a 2 or higher on the AP Calculus AB exam (yes I said two) whereas at UC Irvine, you need to receive a 3 (this is what I've been told) to be exempt. </p>

<p>AP scores can only help you. I don't think the UC's will take too much into the fact that you got a B- but a 3 on the AP exam.</p>

<p>I see .</p>

<p>The scores you receive on AP exams have no part in the admissions process or decision. They are only considered after you have been admitted to issue appropriate units to your record. The only exception is if you have used your AP exam scores to satisfy an “a-g” requirement such as scoring a 4 on the AP French exam to satisfy the “e” Language other than English requirement. Then we would need the score to verify eligibility.</p>

<p>Oh. I never knew scoring a 4 on AP french would satisfy the language requirement in a-g.. I thought it only worked with SAT II's.</p>

<p>Please see <a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/admission/subjectr.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/admission/subjectr.html&lt;/a> for information on all the various ways to meet the UC minimum requirements. Please note that it is only to meet the minimum requirements not exceed them.</p>