Question about BSN to DNP Programs

<p>Hi, I know for sure I want to major in nursing and I eventually want to get my doctorate and get a job as a Nurse practitioner (I know you only need a masters, but I would prefer to get just go the extra year to get a doctorate). </p>

<p>Anyway, I'm looking at undergrad programs right now, and some of the universities I'm looking at offer a Nursing Science major as opposed to a regular Nursing major. From my understanding, Nurs Sci is pretty much the same thing (prepares you for NCLEX and job as an RN) except it takes a more scientific approach rather than a practical approach. My question is: can you be accepted into a BSN to DNP program and become a NP if your B.S. is in Nurs Sci instead of regular Nursing? Thanks for any responses.</p>

<p>As long as your Bachelors Degree in Nursing allows you to be eligible to takes the NCLEX exam so you can become licensed as an RN I believe DNP Programs will accept the degree as part of their entrance requirements. I have never heard of this not being the case. However, you could always check with the DNP Programs you might be interested in to verify this.</p>