Question about dorm rooms

<p>Dear Current and Former Purdue Student, </p>

<p>So I recently visited Purdue and we tours through Cary (I believed). We found a room and we saw the loft and me and my guests and the other people were concerned: Are all the lofts really that high? High as a ceiling fan? Personally I wants to get a loft since it make more room but if that's the height of the loft (about as high as a ceiling fan) then I can not be comfortable waking up and sleeping (I an "active" sleeper, I move around a lot). I did saw a wider room too but they didn't let us in. </p>

<p>I'm asking anyone really if they have have a different room styles or whatever?</p>

<p>~Purdue Hopeful: Descuff</p>

<p>I lived in Earhart my freshman year, and my loft gave me enough room to sit up in bed. I’m a 5’7" female with a slightly longer torso than my legs. However, the ceiling was textured and my got stuck in it. Also, I scraped y knuckles on my ceiling a few times from pulling my covers up. Also, you could bunk your beds as a compromise. It’s also free. It seems like loft heights vary from where the loft is rented from (university residences, bed loft, one other one). But you don’t have control over this aspect. </p>

<p>But to answer your question, not all of the lofts are ridiculously tall.</p>

<p>Ok very interesting. I’m about your height though. Where would you recommend getting a loft from?</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC</p>

<p>I forgot to mention that you don’t have an option as to where your loft comes from. There’s a chart on Purdue’s housing site somewhere stating which company provides for what dorm. I had no complaints about my loft, and I think Earhart was supplied by university residences.</p>

<p>Try to find the info mentioned by naturaldisaster on the housing site. I think the lofts are adjustable - i.e., you can choose whether or not you want your bed lofted to its full height.</p>

<p>You definitely saw Cary. The lofts ARE that high, but you get used to it. Realistically you aren’t spending much time in bed anyway right? lol</p>

<p>The Cary lofts are all made by one company and are NOT adjustable.</p>

<p>I rather take the couch in Cary. They seem more comfortable.</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC</p>