Question about double majors and the school of communication

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I just got accepted into the School of Business Administration as a Political Science major. However, I really would love to do a Political Science and Broadcast Journalism double major. Do you know whether how possible that is if I did not apply to the School of Communications originally? Is the University of Miami flexible?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I am also very interested in the answer to this question.</p>

<p>Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the post, but since it's related...
Does UM allow students to double-major in any two majors, or is it limited to only majors in the school where the student is enrolled, or are there set double-major programs?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>when we visited at the end of october 07, the we were told that the multi-media or whatever the communications major that encompasses tv, video, film, etc is called, was not yet a major and had to be combined with something else.
we were discussing business with it at the time, and we were told, (by a student, mind you) that it would be a lot of work, but definitely doable.</p>

<p>Unless something has changed, you cannot use business as your second major in the school of communications; business can only be a minor. There is a mandatory requiremnt that all communications majors take a 2nd major in another school, but business, as of last year, is not a choice....If a current student knows that this has changed, please let us know......</p>

<p>rodney: Do you mean that all students with their major as "Communications" must double-major, or that all students with a major in the School of Communications?</p>

<p>If your major is in the school of communications you must double major. A few years ago you had to choose a 2nd major in the college of arts & sciences, but now you can do whatever you want. However, I read that business is really hard to do because of the total amount of credits needed to complete both majors. </p>

<p>So just check out the two majors you are interested in, combined with your GE's, and figure out if it is possible.</p>

<p>the double major requirement is in the process of changing, and i believe that next yr it will no longer be required. However, if you are interested in doing the double major program, it would be best for you to enroll in the school of comm as a broadcast journalism major and double in polisci but do polisci through the college of a&s instead of business</p>

<p>thanks redsox; had no idea this was changing....Good to know....</p>