Question about ELC application

<p>I just notice that there is a prepopulated application for ELC evaluated students. The problem is I created a regular account without seeing that link first. Does it make a difference?</p>

<p>That happened to my son and he just created another account using his ELC ID. It is to your advantage because your ELC app has a lot of info, including grades already entered by the UC so it will make the app process faster. Good Luck.</p>

<p>^^Did your son's app this year include all of his coursework? (I thought the UC's dropped that advantage a copuple of years ago.)</p>

<p>ahh man. I already started doing a lot of work already on the uc application. Does it really matter? Have I wasted a lot of time.</p>

<p>Besides...when do we get the pin number anyhow?</p>

<p>October 2008 | UC Notes Home</p>

<p>Students Receive ELC Results;
:: More information on the ELC program, including timetables and requirements, can be found at the ELC website.</p>

<p>California high school students whose schools submitted Eligibility in the Local Context (ELC) transcripts for evaluation by the July 18 deadline have received their results from the University. (Note: Results of ELC evaluations may be delayed for students whose schools requested an appeal after receiving school results and then did not submit revised records in a timely fashion.)</p>

<p>All students evaluated for ELC are assigned a user ID and a password to use when they log in to the UC Application website, in addition to an evaluation ID number. With the ID and password, students access an application that has been prepopulated with their names, addresses and phone numbers. They enter the evaluation ID number in the box indicated while filling out the application.</p>

<p>Though the assigned user ID and password is provided to help the student complete the demographic portion of the application, students do not need either of them for the University to identify them as ELC-eligible.</p>

<pre><code>* maintain a 3.0 GPA,
* complete all coursework requirements for freshman admission by the end of their senior year,
* take two SAT Subject Tests and either the ACT Assessment plus Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test no later than December 2008 (for fall 2009 admission), and
* apply by the Nov. 30 application deadline.
</code></pre>

<p>To be eligible in the local context, a student must attend an eligible school that participates in the program, have his or her transcript submitted to UC with the high school’s ELC submission packet, satisfactorily complete a specific pattern of 11 UC-approved courses by the end of their junior year and be ranked in the top 4 percent of his or her high school class according to UC ELC evaluation rules.</p>

<p>Schools or students who need additional assistance can contact the ELC Help Desk at 1-800-839-8507. The service is available through Dec. 1, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.</p>