Question about freshman class sign up

<p>My D2 will be a freshman business major. Tonight she picked her classes and put them in a "shopping cart" on line. It was pretty easy as the business school provided a list of all the classes they need to take each year. But one of her required courses was already filledin all 3 sections so she is waitlisted for that course. She needs to speak to an advisor to see what else she should take. How does she know who her advisor is and who should she call? Thanks!</p>

<p>My problem was that when i tried to enroll in my classes for the business school it said i had a hold and could not register until i spoke to an advisor or something along those lines. anyone have any experience with this?</p>

<p>How are you able to register? Apparently some people have been getting emails about it, but I never got one.</p>

<p>The way I understand it (from reading the U Miami Parents Facebook postings) is that the new students are not actually able to enroll in classes yet. They pick their classes and put them in a “shopping cart” and then at some point an advisor reviews them and then finalizes the class registration. And yes, my D2 got the same error messages as you did when she clicked on enroll. I think that’s because it needs the advisors’ review. wer you able to find an open session of CIS 150? That’s the one showing as waitlisted.</p>

<p>And freedom2succeed, she didn’t get an email either but I read that they coud start pickimg their classes on 5/1.</p>

<p>You aren’t actually registering for your classes. Just like always, you’re simply indicating preferences so that a spot can be “held.” However, everything is in the advisors’ hands, who will make your schedule for you over the summer. You will get your schedule during orientation.</p>

<p>So where do you go to pick your classes?</p>

<p>Nevermind, i found it.</p>

<p>Also it will help you get familiarized with the schedule and classes. You will soon find out that your schedule is a lot more complicated that you first thought because one class has there different time schedules. Also go online and get a little info about the teachers. My son is not a big English fan (most Engineers are not) so he looked for a good but not too difficult one. I think the website is called “rate my teacher”. Even if the pick your schedule you will be able to switch things around and you will need to be well informed.</p>