Question about GPA calculation

<p>Thanks everyone for all of info, D knew the risk of DE classes and her College transcripts. She stresses so much about her grades that I don’t mention it. If I was a betting person I would venture to say that by the time she finishes her Bachelors that the loan C will still be the DE into to Chem Class.</p>

I don’t know where to find this info, so asking in this old thread: is there an easy way to calculate your UA GPA in one’s major, in other words, using just those classes required for their major? I have seen this “major GPA” stat listed in resumes and required on some applications, so I was wondering how to do this easily…sure, we can do it manually by using the GPA calculator…but is there a place on mybama that already has calculated your major GPA as opposed to your cumulative GPA? Thank you!

Degree Works lists the GPA for each group of classes required. It separates the Core classes, major classes, minor classes, etc.

My S’s DW lists the categories differently to what you’ve described above. He doesn’t have core vs major vs minor. His list is: “General Education - Eng’g” + “Eng’g - Aero Track” + Professional in Aero" + “Ancillary - Aero Track” (and then a few other categories that are not relevant to this discussion like other general ed + honors + prerequisite math + depth study…).

If a company/application asked for your GPA in an aero major…would you include all AEM-designated classes or just the “professional” ones?

Trying to avoid doing this manually, but DW was a good place to start - thank you!

I just pulled up my daughter’s Degree Works since I was recalling from memory about how her GPA was listed. She is a double major, and it has two different sections for each major. These sections have her GPA listed separately. She is not an engineer major though, so maybe it’s done differently.