Question about HL/SL IB Art

<p>If someone could answer this for me, that would be so stellar. </p>

<p>Alright, so for my junior year I took AP art. Then for my senior year I'm taking IB Art SL. I'm wondering if it would be possible to take the HL test this same year because I have so many pieces from my AP Art course. </p>

<p>I'm thinking that all I really have to do is throw in a few cultural pieces and write about the ones I already have. OR is the SL test a prerequisite for the HL test?</p>

I don’t believe that’s allowed, submitting work done in another class to get credit in another. In my D’s IB Academic Policy Handbook “the presentation of the same work for different assessment components and/or diploma requirements” constitutes duplication of work, which is under the section “Academic Malpractice.” Academic Malpractice is defined as “behaviour that results in, or may result in, the candidate or any other candidate gaining an unfair advantage in one or more assessment component.” You should check with your IB art teacher.

MODERATOR’S NOTE:
The user asked this question 2 years ago. I think this question has been resolved at this point. Closing thread.