Question about housing portion of MyBama

<p>Hoping some upperclassmen can chime in. Since the upgrade to the housing portal, D1 only has the option of looking at housing for Summer 2013, not the Fall. She hasn’t been able to see any info about roommates throughout the entire process, but that wasn’t an issue/surprise since she wasn’t able to select her space because she was off campus this Spring. She doesn’t want to bother housing if everyone’s housing portal looks like that, but if everyone can see the Fall and she can’t, we’d be a little nervous that she fell through the cracks in the housing platform switch.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Please call the main office at 205-348-6676 so that we can verify your student’s situation.</p>

<p>Thanks!
Janine</p>

<p>Thanks Janine! Your team is awesome as always :)</p>

<p>We can’t see fall, either. Son is living on campus this summer, so thought that was the reason why. thanks for the post, as I was concerned about this as well. The boys will have a unknown fourth again this year and they wanted to correspond with the new roommie over the summer, but can’t see their room assignment for the fall anymore.</p>

<p>Daughter can’t see the fall either. She will be in a single so we don’t have the mystery roommate issue. Won’t worry about it if everyone else is seeing the same.</p>

<p>I don’t even know what we are supposed to be seeing. For youngest daughter we can see that she is assigned a room, that her application is complete and that they have her deposit, but nothing more. Fortunately, we already know who her roommates are. For oldest daughter, who is returning for her third year in housing, we cannot even see the fall semester. Since she went potluck with roommates (the fate of lots of upper classman housing scholarship recipients), it would be nice to have contact information eventually. I’m not sure I am seeing how the new housing website has improved the process. Maybe it is all on the internal side of things.</p>

<p>Hi guys!
I <em>think</em> I may have figured out the solution to what you are looking for.</p>

<p>When you log in to MyHousing, there will be some links toward the top in a black bar: Home, Application, and Room Swap. Click on the Application Link. Then from there you’ll choose the term you want to look at. In all your cases, I think you’re trying to get Fall info. The old system forced you to choose a term each time you logged in, while the new system defaults to the term we’re currently in, and right now that’s summer.</p>

<p>Once you’ve chosen Fall, you’ll see a blue link on the right called Application Status. If you click on that link, it will show you a summary of your application for that term, including your assignment (if it’s complete), and any roommates.</p>

<p>Does that help? Like I said, I’m kind of guessing at which screens you’re looking at, but I think this will get you each the info you’re looking for.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine</p>

<p>NOPE!
When logging into myhousing, it starts with this message: “Welcome to the your MyHousing portal! This portal will contain everything you need to do regarding living on campus. This is the place where you will apply for housing, select roommates and select a room (depending on when you apply for housing).” You are then invited to use the University login page to log in. When you do that…
…there are only two options/buttons: ‘home’ and ‘application’.
Clicking ‘home’ gives you your profile summary: just has his student email, gender, college, and classification.<br>
Clicking ‘application’ results in only being able to select the summer term (no other options are there)! Oh, and we can select ‘messages’ or ‘logout’ in the top right corner of the pages. That’s it.
This looks completely different to the ‘old’ application. That is completely gone now. We cannot look at rooms or roommates. This info isn’t showing up.
I’ve tried this by going directly to myhousing as well as clicking on online housing application within mybama: same result.</p>

<p>Thanks for letting us know what is up!</p>

<p>I can also caution people that leaving the mybama window or exiting out of it without logging off completely WILL result in you remaining logged into UA, for some reason. This is new. Before, if you left the mybama page, or closed that tab on your computer, it would automatically log you out and you would have to re-log in every time. So, for security reasons, it is always best to completely log out of the mybama before merely closing its window/tab. I’m using Firefox. Try it on your browsers and see what happens. I think the system keeping people logged in is not supposed to happen!?</p>

<p>UA Housing – For my daughter who is a junior, the screens are exactly as described by Aeromom with no ability to choose any term other than the summer.</p>

<p>For my daughter who is an incoming freshman, the screens are as Aeromom described up until the “Application” screen. My incoming freshman is able to choose fall or summer semester under the “Application” button – however there are still serious issues. The initial screen that appears when “Application” is chosen, shows the date she applied for housing, her building and room number of her room assignment, the fact that the contract has been signed and that the application is complete. This page does not show any roommate information. Selecting the fall term takes her to an unexecuted version of the housing contract itself (which as noted above she signed months ago). The housing contract has blanks for entering a student ID to confirm agreement with the terms of the contract - which shouldn’t be necessary because her contract has already been signed. Entering the student ID number has absolutely no effect in any event. The box where the student ID is to be inserted remains blank after submission of the form and the form will not allow any further progress. </p>

<p>My incoming freshman also has a message in her Inbox that says somebody we have never heard of has added her as a roommate. Note that she already has three roommates who pulled her in to their suite on the second day of housing selection – so we are somewhat concerned about this mystery fifth roommate – especially in light of the fact that we do not see any information anywhere on the site that confirms that the roommates who pulled her in to the suite have spaces in that suite. </p>

<p>Other than the “Home” button, the “Application” button and the messages button, there are no other options on my freshman daughter’s page other than to log out. The system as presently functioning appears to be of no use to students (either incoming or continuing) who have already signed a contract and is substantially less useful than what was previously available.</p>

<p>My son will be a sophomore next year - we get the exact same thing as aeromom when we sign in - except that his profile summary is blank even though it says Hello (his name) up in the corner - so he is logged in. I did verify his housing and roommates with UA Housing the other day - only because he changed the last week of school from the dorms to The Lofts and I’m a little nervous about a screw-up, since it was done so late and there is nothing “in writing” anywhere on the computer.</p>

<p>I can’t even get beyond the “apply for housing” option.</p>

<p>It took us a while the other day to figure this out to find my sons roommate…but just in case this may help someone else, this is how we got there:
click on the housing icon on the Housing and residential communities page.
There it will instruct you to log in.
The next page should be the students profile summary, My Housing Portal.
On this page click on the “application” link on the left side (next to “home”)
Here it will have you select a year. Select 2013-2013, then scroll down to the bottom and click “save and continue”.
This should take you to the Housing contract. On the left side above it there should be the word “application status” in blue…click on that.
Scroll down to the bottom, there should be the room assignment information along with the roommate info.</p>

<p>Hope this helps, if this is what you are looking for. My student will be a freshman, not sure if it is different for other students.</p>

<p>txbamamom – That works for my freshman and she has the right 3 roommates with no sign of the “mystery” roommate! Thanks!! My junior can still only access summer 2013 and doesn’t have a fall option available on the “application page.”</p>

<p>Hurray for the Right Group of Four!!!</p>

<p>Hurray!!!</p>

<p>Glad to be able to contribute.</p>

<p>For those of you who were having issues last week, will you please check it again? We made another change that should be helping you at least to the a page with the Application Status link on the right hand side to view assignment summary and roommates if applicable.</p>

<p>Thanks,
Janine</p>

<p>Hi Janine! </p>

<p>For my D, the only thing we can see at the top is “HOME” and “Application.” If we click on “Application” it takes us to a page to where our only choice is to apply for summer housing. She is a returning Sophomore and NMF so we know she has a housing assignment and we know what it is even though we can’t see it. We are just concerned about being able to sign up for move-in dates because of her MDB schedule.</p>

<p>My experience is exactly as it was documented last week (posted #8, above about that), and like Missread’s. S is a returning Sophomore with 3 suite-mates already picked, registered, paid, etc.</p>

<p>My DS is an entering freshman, and we can see his Riverside roommates and their crimson email addresses.</p>

<p>We sent an email greeting to start a little dialog (1 is a local friend, 2 are OOS). We already have one response. He told us the important stuff: XBox, TV size. The remaining details can be worked out later.</p>

<p>Good start.</p>