Question about hs transcript

<p>i go to a private catholic high school, so religion classes are mandatory to take each year at my school. my counselor told me that the religion classes don’t count for UC GPA points, except for a world religions class so that’s the only class that i did mention on my application. should i have put my other religion classes that didn’t effect my gpa on my application anyway? i already got into UCM, but i’m still a bit worried that it can effect my overall admission to any UC at the end. can anyone help me out?</p>

<p>you only list a-g courses on your app. Your GC is correct.</p>

<p>okay thanks so much! but if i remember correctly, wasn’t there a section on the app that said classes other than a-g? shouldn’t i have listed them on there?</p>

<p>you could have listed them, but it was not necessary. Courses that go into the Other section are academic style courses, and the public UC’s do not consider intro religion courses “academic.” Same with health and other similar courses.</p>

<p>I would have recommended that you listed all the required religion courses in the “Coursework Other Than A-G” section. The reason why you should list them is to make it clear to the application evaluators that you were obligated to take these courses which prevented you from taking additional a-g courses (number of a-g courses completed is a factor considered for application evaluation). The UCs will not accept any “correction” to the UC application other than the Academic History section, so there is nothing for you to do at this point. But this may be something you can use if you end up appealing the admission decision at any of the UC campuses.</p>

<p>okay thanks. my high school is actually really strict about completing all a-g courses by the end of senior year, so i think i have all the requirements. do you think i’ll be okay even if i don’t need to appeal in the end?</p>

<p>You need to complete the a-g requirements to be UC-eligible, but the number of a-g courses you take above and beyond the requirement/recommendation is closely scrutinized for application evaluation. That is why you should list courses outside of a-g that are required as part of your school curriculum.</p>

<p>If you get accepted, that would be great and you are all set. If you get denied, you can use the required religious courses as part of your argument for a decision appeal.</p>

<p>For now, try not to stress or you will go crazy before the end of March.</p>