Question about IUPUI

<p>Does a CIT degree from IUPUI's Purdue School of Engineering and Technology hold the same prestige as getting a CIT degree from Purdue West Lafayette? I was told during the tour that the degrees awarded at IUPUI is a Purdue degree and holds the same prestige, and I am having a hard time believing that. Can somebody explain?</p>

<p>I heard that IUPUI students get Purdue degrees as well… Personally, I think it is TOTAL BS…</p>

<p>The prestige may be the same but recruiters will eventually find out that you didn’t go to the main campus, imho. They may ask you questions during the interview and may notice that you didn’t put West Lafayette, IN under Purdue University on your resume.</p>

<p>I can easily get into Purdue West Lafayette, just the only reason I did not go there is because as a transfer student, I would lose a lot more credits if I went there. The credits seem to transfer better at IUPUI so if they ask questions about that, Ill explain that as the reason. Thanks.</p>

<p>IUPUI is spending a lot of money to move up in the rankings and attract a higher quality student. I son’t think graduating from there has much of a stigma, since it is the best of the satellites. You can also say that you wanted to live in an urban environment.</p>