Question about labs

<p>I already registered for classes at my bama bound session but was checking to see if there were any different time slots available for some of the classes. When I was doing this I noticed that for COM 123, all of the sections mentioned that a lab was required along with the class except for the section that I am currently registered for. Is this a mistake and I should register for a lab anyway, or do some sections of a class not require a lab while others do? Thanks!</p>

<p>MW 01:00 pm-02:15 pm</p>

<p>It looks like the lab time for this class is included.</p>

<p>compared to the others…</p>

<p>W 09:00 am-09:50 am</p>

<p>I would email the prof who is teaching the other sections and ask that question.
<a href=“mailto:achilcutt@bama.ua.edu”>achilcutt@bama.ua.edu</a> Alexa S. Chilcutt</p>

<p>I would also ask why that particular section is very small (unless it’s going to become larger with each Bama Bound group)</p>

<p>Oh I didn’t think about the class length, thank you so much! Hopefully it stays small, I’d prefer not to have a huge public speaking class if I have to give speeches in front of everyone haha</p>

<p>I wonder if the “lab times” are the speech times…they are small and are called “performance labs” …it makes sense that those would be the speech giving times.</p>

<p>Based on the numbers from previous semesters your class section will remain capped at 25.</p>

<p>If you had taken one of the classes with a lab you’d still only have to “speak” in front of 21 other people. The labs are capped at 22 and it’s in those that you do your speeches. The one day a week 200+ student class is just a lecture.</p>