Question about mailings to daughters

<p>What I do not understand is why my youngest D is receiving multiple pieces of mail from the UA and my middle D is not. Both girls have nearly identical stats and are top students. I’ve tried to get answers from admissions, but without any luck. Both receive mail from other top colleges. :)</p>

<p>Did you set her up as a VIP?</p>

<p>Use this link [Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://vip.ua.edu/]Undergraduate”>http://vip.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Thanks for the link. Yes, we did. I just tried to enter the information again but it sends an error message. The middle one is a current junior and the younger one is a sophomore. We even sent her scores from her sophomore year with very impressive scores of well over 2000. All I can guess is it is because she is currently taking UA classes through the early college. Admissions said they don’t know. It is beginning to be a source of contention in my house since she’s receiving so many mailers from other schools…even the orange one. She feels slighted by the UA when her sister is receiving mail. We love the UA, but this is not what I expect when the UA is so well known for recruitment efforts.</p>

<p>Bamagirls: Definately contact your state or regional recruiter and explain the situation. Ask your recruiter to put a package of items together for your daughter and have them send it to her. Suggest glossy brochures, the DVD on the Honors College, bookmarks, magazines and perhaps a pen or spirit shaker too. Tell them she needs some “love” from the university…</p>

<p>For some reason, Bama’s mailing system seems to have issues with kids from the same family and getting them confused as the same kid.</p>

<p>Thanks for moving this. I felt badly about it.</p>

<p>I’m happy to report that we have spoken with a very nice regional recruiter who is working to resolve this issue. It does seem that the confusion is related to her having already taken two classes with the UA. She was happy to receive her first email yesterday and a letter inviting her to consider study abroad at Oxford through the HC.</p>

<p>We didn’t want her to be left out of opportunities that arise for HS juniors and seniors like Capstone Honors and University Days.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>