Question about Minors

<p>DD has been accepted to UA and we are all deposited, etc. She has now decided that while her major will stay the same - Athletic Training - she wants to minor in Sports Psychology.</p>

<p>This is a relatively new area, but there are some schools that are offering it as a major. (TCU, UC schools, UT) I seem to remember that Allison in the HC (or someone else) mentioned something about creating your own major. But I was not sure if that was in the Honors College or in Blout or someplace else. Can you create your own minor?</p>

<p>any help would be appreciated.</p>

<p>^^^When we met with Dean Sharpe of the Honors College back in 2010 he emphasized that UA would facilitate the creation of unique, interdisciplinary majors for students. I would imagine the same would be true for minors. </p>

<p>Perhaps you could direct your inquiry to the Honors College first. I’m sure they will steer you in the right direction.</p>

<p>It’s called “New College”. Here’s a link. [Home</a> | New College](<a href=“http://www.as.ua.edu/nc/]Home”>New College – College of Arts & Sciences)
Mrs. Batson ( one of the leaders of CBHP and the Honors College) knows about it. Her daughter designed her own degree.</p>

<p>Can you create your own minor?
Yes, in fact wife and I created 2 who have gone on to become young adults. For a how too, …! </p>

<p>But seriously, I second what Cuttlefish has stated. New College may be your best bet in this pursuit. When I was at Bama, many moons ago, and when New College was in it’s infancy, I utilized New College to create my minor. Word of caution, be careful about utilizing them for a major.</p>