Question about my acceptance

<p>I just got accepted to UofA and got my admit packet. I applied as pre-business but on my acceptance letter it says that I have been admitted as an undecided major in the University college. How could this be? I knew I wasnt going to be directly admitted to the business school but I thought you are automatically pre-business. Am I correct or do I actually have to qualify to be pre-business?</p>

<p>You are not in the B school yet. That is why, you have to apply to Eller and not everyone gets in. Eller is one of the best B schools in the US, so do well in your Gen Eds.</p>

<p>I already know this. But those who are not directly admitted into eller are considered pre-business until they are admitted. You do not have to qualify to be pre-business since it is just for those who arent directly admitted for freshman year. I chose pre-business on my application....yet my letter says i am admitted as undecided in the university college. Does anyone see what I am saying?</p>

<p>yea this is wrong, contact them to change it as soon as possible. You definetiely want to be pre business not University College if you plan on majoring in Business so you dont get off track before you even start. You NEED to be in MIS 111 in the fall semester. Good Luck</p>

<p>It may not be a mistake, you may be admitted to U of A. But don't have something. The Engineering College has rules to be direct admits and Pre-Engineering. If you have a low GPA or ACT/SAT you may have been admitted to University College.</p>

<p>Admission</a> Requirements </p>

<p>To be accepted into the College of Engineering, students must meet the following requirements:</p>

<p>Incoming Freshmen ONE of the following:
1250 SAT
26 ACT
3.6 GPA
Top 15% class rank </p>

<p>Students will be admitted directly into Engineering, along with their desired major </p>

<p>Students who do not meet the above criteria, but do meet the following will be admitted into Pre-Engineering</p>

<p>Admitted to UA (top 25% class rank) and ONE of the following:
GPA 3.0
SAT 1050 (Math & Critical Reading)
ACT 23</p>

<p>.....im pretty positive its a mistake.....I remember them talking about the business requirements when i visited in october. Plus I know 2 friends with lower GPA and test scores who were admitted this year as pre-business so thats should be my classification also. Even if there were prerequisites scores like the engineering school, which there arent, then if they are anything like engineering than I would of qualified anyways. Oh well, I emailed my UA contact so hopefully she can straighten it out.</p>