Question about QuestBridge College Prep Scholars

Hi!

I was planning on apply to QB CPS, but I didn’t realize that I don’t fit within their recommended income bracket (<$65,000 for a family of 4), as my family of 5 makes just over 100,000. My mother has had to undergo expensive surgeries due to illness recently and was temporarily unemployed because of such illness, but that is basically the only extenuating circumstance regarding our income I can think of.

Is it still worth applying or would I be practically an automatic reject?

Based on former students applying, you will be considered. Be able to explain that part of the financial constraints that will create barriers to attending a 4 year college.

Are you first generation going to college in your family or an under-represented minority?

And if your parents have their own business, a farm, or rental property? - financial aid gets more complicated with those variables.

If you do not get selected, there are still lots of possibilities for high achievers with family incomes less than $120,000 to $150,000 at private colleges. Some may come in less than your instate options.

Good luck and work hard.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely continue my application then.