Question about reference for Fellows

<p>In myBama, on the Fellows application page, my son can see that an email was sent to the teacher requesting a reference. If that is what it still shows, does that mean that the teacher has not yet done it (and might need a polite reminder) or does it always show that, even after the reference has been received? Thanks.</p>

<p>So isn’t there ANYONE who has completed the Fellows app and can tell whether the reference status ever changes?</p>

<p>I’m wondering if that is new because I don’t recall it from last year. In fact, my recollection is that they didn’t want reference letters but I might be confusing it with CBH.</p>

<p>Umm… It’s not due until the 14th which means my son will probably not work on the essays until this weekend at the earliest. However I can say that his still says that an email for a recommendation was sent although since he hasn’t actually submitted his essays yet perhaps that why it says that. If yours does change please let me know. it could be because the deadline is a way off that it hasn’t been done yet.</p>

<p>Last year, I believe the recs were sent snail mail or emailed. Just have you son send an email asking if they have received it next week. The folks at Bama are very helpful.</p>

<p>I am confused about Fellows.</p>

<p>Is this something a new entering freshman can apply for??? Or is this something you apply for AFTER you are a stdent???</p>

<p>You apply as a senior in high school.</p>

<p>Here is a link w/ info on Fellows program at UA: [Fellows</a> Admission | Honors College](<a href=“http://honors.ua.edu/university-fellows-experience/university-fellows-admission/]Fellows”>http://honors.ua.edu/university-fellows-experience/university-fellows-admission/)
If you do/did not meet the criteria to apply in the first instance, the deadline for submitting a recommendation letter from GC is…tomorrow, Dec 1.</p>

<p>I read there that the rec letter isn’t due until the 20th…</p>

<p>There are two different dates. If you are just getting the letter of recommendation, then the date for that is December 20. But if you did not get an automatic qualification for fellows, then you must get a recommendation to be invited to apply. That deadline is Dec 1. If you applied to the Honors College, you can go back to that application to see if you have an invitation to apply to Fellows.</p>