Question about SAT Deadline

<p>I’ve taken the SAT Reasoning Test already, but I still have to take two SAT Subject Tests (Math II and Chemistry). </p>

<p>“If you apply as a freshman for the fall 2010 term, you must take two SAT Subject Tests and the ACT Assessment plus Writing or SAT Reasoning Test no later than December 2009.” </p>

<p>Questions I have:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Does that mean I get two chances to take the subject tests since all test scores must be sent in no later than December?</p></li>
<li><p>When they say “no later than”, does that mean you must take the required tests prior to the month of December or you must take them before December ends?</p></li>
<li><p>(If #2 is prior to December) If I decide to take both of them in November, do I have to rush deliver the scores or something since UC app. deadline for Fall quarter is Nov. 1-30?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>This question isn’t about the deadline, but if I want to retake the SAT I, would it be better to take it in October or November? I scored a 1970 on my first SAT I, and I’ve taken 2 practice tests in the past month. I scored slightly under 2100 on both of them. Would it be worth it to retake? Or should I take the SAT II in October, see how well I did, and if needed, take them again in November since I have a decent SAT I score? I only plan on applying to UC schools (UCSD, UCI, UCSB, UCLA, and UCB; UCLA and UCB are my two reaches).</p>

<p>Lots of questions! Hopefully someone out there can enlighten this confused, rising senior. :)</p>

<p>It means what it says: take all tests no later than the December (your senior year) sitting. </p>

<p>You can take tests a many times as you like. (Some kids take subject tests Frosh year.) It does not matter to UC if you take them in September (ACT) and/or October and/or November and/or December.</p>

<ol>
<li>Does that mean I get two chances to take the subject tests since all test scores must be sent in no later than December?</li>
</ol>

<p>No, you get three chances: October, November, December. If you decide to take the December SAT/ACT, you will need to designate the UC as a recipient on your registration. If you wait for the score to come out before submitting, you will need to Rush Report the score to make the deadline. UCs now share test scores, so you only need to designate one UC campus as a recipient and the score gets distributed to all UC campuses you have applied.</p>

<ol>
<li>When they say “no later than”, does that mean you must take the required tests prior to the month of December or you must take them before December ends?</li>
</ol>

<p>No, it means December is the last test date allowed. See explanation above.</p>

<ol>
<li>(If #2 is prior to December) If I decide to take both of them in November, do I have to rush deliver the scores or something since UC app. deadline for Fall quarter is Nov. 1-30?</li>
</ol>

<p>No, you do not need to Rush Report the scores unless you wait for the December scores to come out before sending it. Ideally, you want the scores to get to the UCs during the first week of January. This will happen if you put UC down on the December registration.</p>