Question about scheduling campus visit

<p>Trying to get D2 down to UA for a campus tour that will include a visit to the Honors College. I know from previous posts that we should register for the campus tour first and then contact the HC with that time and they will work around it. </p>

<p>Here is my question: The only tour times open are 10am and 1pm. I’m leaning towards the 1pm tour thinking the HC visit would be in the morning. Is this a good plan? Is there any advantage to going to the 10am tour instead?</p>

<p>Thanks! I really want this visit to go well for D2… she’s on the fence ;)</p>

<p>When we toured, I missed the instruction about setting up tour first! Our day started with Honors college at 8:30 and they kept us busy all day! :slight_smile: I’m not sure what we missed from the general tour, but we saw quite a bit of the campus between all of our appointments, so if it doesn’t fit in your schedule to take the general tour, I think you’ll be ok.</p>

<p>Thanks Beadymom! Since D1 is a junior at UA, D2 has seen the campus :slight_smile: I guess I was thinking the “official” tour might help sell the school a bit more. I asked her and she said she is okay with skipping the tour and if there is time we can just wander around the campus on our own. Don’t need the dorm tour since she has seen Riverside, RCS-N and now Lakeside.</p>

<p>Now we only need to nail down the date! Marching band commitments are making it challenging. If she didn’t have a solo, it might not matter much but she feels like missing even a practice lets the band down.</p>

<p>We had the same issue when we were scheduling tours a few years ago. Band and solo committments made it very difficult. </p>

<p>Does your HS have a fall break week? We managed to slip in our campus visits during that time frame as it usually falls on a FB bye week.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, we lost our fall break with the new Alabama attendance school law. We had decided that planning for a Monday tour would work best, but the soonest one that works with known class tests also happens to be the Monday before their first competition. I think we will just go for it anyways. It will give the back up Mello a chance to practice ;)</p>

<p>Included in our honors day was lunch with an honors student who took us over to tour the honors dorm, so you should still be able to see housing. :)</p>