question about STAR

<p>How are advising appointments assigned? Randomly? Based on who checks in first? Or did I read somewhere that it's based on when you take your placement tests?</p>

<p>Two years ago when I had STAR, it was based on the CRT/ART tests and if you had taken them or not. People who had taken the tests before their STAR date were assigned earlier advising appointments, and people who hadn’t taken it had to take the tests then have their appointment later in the day. I guess Purdue no longer does the CRT/ART or whatever they were called but I think they assign appointments the same way based on the ALEKS test/whatever it is called now. I’m not sure how else they would but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.</p>

<p>Went to Star today, when you check-in when you arrive, your College is notified that you are there and they begin planning an appointment for you. However after that point the colleges do their advising appointments however they want. In the College of Technology we all had private meetings spread out throughout the morning. After the big “Welcome” meeting, the colleges split up and had smaller group meetings where you are assigned your meeting time.</p>

<p>Some colleges do small group advising where everyone in the gets their advising at the same time, some colleges do it in a large group where they go over all of the options and YOU decide what to take. After your advising you are assigned a computer lab and you go register.</p>

<p>If you have to take a placement exam and your advising meeting overlaps there is an opportunity during the individual college meetings to reschedule to a different time.</p>