Question about staying overnight in D's dorm

<p>I am going to Tuscaloosa next week to pick up a load of my D’s stuff and am planning to stay overnight in her dorm (Ridgecrest West). What are my best options for parking on campus overnight? I will be arriving around lunch on a class day and not leaving until lunch the next day. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>ferg parking deck i think</p>

<p>wonder if you could get a temp parking pass to park near her dorm?</p>

<p>You could park your car in the Ferg deck or you could switch and put HER car in the Ferg deck and use her parking pass to park yours in her designated lot.</p>

<p>I did get a link from a nice young lady at student affairs to the visitor parking site. They do sell a daily pass. I’ll be on a short time line, but you may have time to get one! Oh, and great minds think alike, going up early this weekend to get some stuff!</p>

<p>I think the Honors College might give you a temp pass if you asked.</p>

<p>Or do Bamagirls suggestion.</p>

<p>yeah - do bamagirls suggestion.</p>

<p>where does your dd park?</p>

<p>UA sells 1 day parking permits good for most parking lots on campus, but not the parking garages, for $5 at the Parking Services office across from the Ferguson Center. Parking in the parking garages is also $5 and can be purchased at the parking garages.</p>

<p>She parks in a parking garage under one of the Ridgecrests, but honestly don’t know which one! LoL!</p>

<p>SeaTide: can you leave your car overnight in anyof those lots/garages?</p>

<p>the only one with parking underneath is rcs. just do the parking tag switcharoo. that’ll be the easiest. or if one of her friends has a parking tag and is going out of town, borrow it for the weekend, then you can both park in rcs garage.</p>

<p>Parent can stay over in a kid’s dorm?</p>

<p>Parents can stay overnight in dorm rooms provided that the roommates agree. Most of UA’s dorms don’t check in guests. My roommates and I have had parents, siblings, romantic interests, friends, classmates, and future students spend the night. Provided that they are clean and respectful, it’s a non-issue [knocks on wood].</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>These are 4 bedroom suites where each student has his/her own bedroom. I can’t imagine a parent staying over in a shared bedroom.</p>

<p>when someones mom stays over in my daughters room, she sleeps in the living area. kind of awkward, but they survive. best plan would be a twin blowup mattress in the hosts bedroom.</p>

<p>I will sleep in my D’s bed and she will sleep on the couch or on a sleeping bag on the floor. Her roommates are fine with it and this is actually the first time in two years I have stayed in her room. Since I am going midweek and have to work around her class schedule we decided it would be easier and much cheaper for me to stay with her. We have discussed the switching passes, but I think I will just call and see what the University recommends. Thanks for all the suggestions!</p>

<p>Montegut - I’ve sent DS message it’d be smart to start packing this weekend. Tempted to have you can stop by (-1 floor) and give him a little “mom” nudge. :)</p>

<p>yeah i think going to help pack up and move stuff this weekend is a good idea! too bad we didn’t think of it before. we already have hotel booked during finals week.</p>

<p>that way we could have made it more of a weekend trip instead of a weekday trip.</p>

<p>oh well, maybe next time.</p>

<p>Speaking of hotels, that’s why I’m combining the honors induction and move out initiation this weekend. Have to stay in Bessemer on Friday night during Finals Week, so at least want to cut down some time, starting with the paperwork and such for the storage unit. It will cost me a couple of weeks extra for storage, but will be worth the time it will save us on that last day. Son has the very last exam on Friday, of course, so we’ll only have Friday night to pack up. Will pack up as much as we can, then head to the hotel to get some sleep, then do the finishing touches Saturday morning.</p>

<p>what honors induction, montegut?</p>