Question about TAMU housing?

I just sent in my application and have automatic acceptance, so how long will it take to get my acceptance letter? Also, how fast do the dorms fill up? I know I’m kind of late, but I was waiting on my SAT score for auto admit. Ideally, I would like a single room in the Hullabaloo hall. Have most of the spots already filled up by now? Also, do you recommend that I bring my car the first year even if I’m living on campus?

@marsbars976 Auto admit can take 48 hours to a week. Do you have your UIN number yet? Set that up as soon as you get your email (that is usually a day or two to receive) so you can set up your AIS (applicant information system). That is where your notification will come.

You will also set up your Howdy account and email. Do this.

Unfortunately, Hullabaloo is usually full really fast by auto admits getting their decisions in September. But you never know. Getting the housing app in asap to get your time stamp for room selection is important, so as soon as you are able for housing, get it done. The three selections you make are for Uni purposes, in the event you don’t self select, they will assign you.

oooh ok :frowning: What do you think is the second best housing option? I would choose white creek by I that’s too far from the main campus.

I’ve heard modular style on Northside. They are about $700 less then Hullabaloo per semester. Large.

Commons area (study area, food, etc.) on South Side just remodeled so some of the dorms over that way might be more popular now.

My daughter may end up going with the style that has bathroom down the hall primarily from a financial aspect. Think it is about $1,500 less than Hullabaloo per semester. All she really cares about is being on campus!