Question about TCU

<p>Although I have been reading posts on College Confidential for a couple of years and have learned a little about the audition process, this is my first post so I’m a neophyte here!</p>

<p>My daughter auditioned for TCU musical theatre at Unified in Chicago. She has not heard anything from the audition and we realize it’s still early. However, yesterday she got this very nice packet from TCU saying that she had been accepted to the university and her major would be acting (BA). Does this mean she didn’t make the cut in the MT program or is it just coincidental that the packet arrived after MT auditions?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>My D auditioned in Chicago as well but it was a walk-in. We had to apply after the fact but haven’t heard anything yet although the my TCU seems to get updated frequently. Have you checked the my tcu site to see if there was a change there? When I checked with admissions they said all theatre majors are listed as BA theatre until the auditions results are told to them. I think their last auditions were Unifieds. Keeping my fingers crossed for your D.</p>

<p>My S auditioned for TCU at Chicago Unifieds and he got an email from Dr. Parker last week saying that he was accepted into the BFA Theatre: Music Theatre emphasis program. We received something similar to what you received from Millikin. He auditioned for Millikin BFA and he got a letter that he was accepted to BA Theatre. It was explained to me by Millikin that if not accepted into the BFA that you were placed in the BA program. I’m not sure if TCU works the same way. Hope this helps. Good Luck</p>