Question About The Dorms

<p>I did not get to see a suite on my tour. Does anybody know if you get your own bedroom in a suite? I understand that the suite shares common facilities, but I want to know how the bedrooms are setup.</p>

<p>most freshman dorm in either jones or onondaga...(corridor)... im not quite sure if freshman dorm in suites...im a freshman spring admit..i will be attending geneseo next month...they are placing all 80 of us in the brand new erie hall (suites)...suites have either 3 or 4 bedrooms with 2 people each...a living room..and a bathroom with two sinks and one shower</p>

<p>I'm a sophomore at Geneseo, and I live in a suite in Genesee, on the north side of campus. I lived in a corridor-style room last year, but so far I am really enjoying living in a suite. Our suite has a common room area with a couch, a chair, and a tv stand, and a bathroom with two sinks, a toilet stall, and a shower. There are three double bedrooms in our suite also, so six of us live there total. The rooms are relatively small, but the beds can be bunked or made to go up pretty high to save space. While the rooms in corridor-style buildings are definitely bigger, I don't mind having a smaller room in a suite because I don't spend as much time in there- I hang out in our common room a lot. However, I would have to say that the suite-style buildings are a little antisocial- most of the suites are filled with groups of students who already have a close circle of friends. A freshman living in a suite building will not meet nearly as many people as a freshman living in a corridor building. My best advice would be to dorm in a corridor building freshman year, and once you have a close circle of friends, live with them in a suite the next year.</p>

<p>What does a typical freshmen dorm look like?</p>