Question about the Extra Points(up to 8 semesters)

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I’m sure this question has come up before, but I can’t find the previous thread.</p>

<p>Would it be a bit pointless to do the majority of your AP’s in Senior year?
Well, I know they judge rigor of the senior year schedule.
but…how would you be given the extra points of AP’s in Senior yr. if the preliminary GPA is only 10th through 11th?</p>

<p>Well the thing is if you fulfill the 8 semester honors cap...then you're full. Basically you're right in the sense that senior APs kind of wouldn't matter, but rigor of your senior courses does matter. If you took like a lot of honors classes in 10th and 11th and drop all aps/ibs senior year...well it's going to look pretty bad. </p>

<p>I took AP euro in 10th and 3 APs in 11th so I did fulfill my 8 semester cap. All the extra APs and honors classes in 10th and 11th I took didn't count except lower my GPA since I didn't get a lot of A's in them. </p>

<p>Why should you do APs in senior year? First reason is that you probably want to show the UCs you are still challenging yourself. Second is that you can eliminate some GEs and some units before you enter a UC. </p>

<p>Hope this helps and makes sense.</p>

<p>Well, my school doesn't offer any honors at all and plus most/all AP's aren't available until 11th and 12th.</p>

<p>Well then your 8 semester cap will be mainly fulfilled during 11th and 12th grade. I'm sure the cap extends to 12th grade grades now starting last year's admissions. Check the UC doorways website to check which courses actually fulfill the 8 semesters cap. </p>

<p>Generally take as many APs you can handle and get the best GPA you can. It's not worth it to a super rigorous courseload if you think you're going to get too many Cs. </p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>