Question about UCLA

<p>Does anyone know what majors are competitive in UCLA? And do selecting those majors make it more difficult to get into the school? Or are majors have no effect on admission?</p>

<p>Correct me if I am wrong…UCSD does not take major into admission account?</p>

<p>Help…Anyone?</p>

<p>UCSD does take majors into account is some majors such as the sciences and I think engineering, I can’t remember what else what else. If you go to UCSD’s website and look up impacted majors, it will explain the process. At UCLA, engineering, nursing and theater are very competitive; nursing requires a supplemental application and theater requires a portfolio. Business econ is pre-business to start and then you will need the gpa to enter the bus econ program for example. I am sure someone knows much more about this than me and tell you more specifically, so I am just helping you to bump the thread.</p>

<p>any major on the application that you see as being “pre-XXXXXXX” are competive. Go for undecided if you want a copmetitve major, or don’t mind an easier back up.</p>