Question about UCSD

<p>Why is UCSD ranked so high when so many people hate it? I don’t understand…</p>

<p>for example, people say that UCSD professors don’t care about their students, academics are mediocre at best…but why then is UCSD ranked so high and also considered one of the happiest campuses in the nation? I don’t get it.</p>

<p>Because all the info you have heard or seen in videos isn’t really true, I’m going to UCSD next fall so I haven’t had the full experience yet but from the students I talked to at admit day and my friends who go there I have heard that the teachers really do care about their students, they always have office hours so anyone can drop by to ask a question, obviously the student has to make the effort in talking to the professor but once you get to talking to them they will help you. There is a reason why many students at the school are involved in research, its cus the teachers give them those opportunities. Oh and again from what I experienced the students there are very smart and the programs are top notch, especially for engineering and anything bio related</p>

<p>probably because they didn’t get in and want to make themselves feel better by saying it’s a bad school. Hahah.</p>

<p>hopefully its rankings outweigh the rumors :S</p>