Question about Weighted GPA's for UC's

Hi, I am an upcoming senior and I was wondering if the UC’s look at the UC GPA which is capped or the fully weighted GPA. My UC GPA is 4.09 and fully weighted is 4.27. Are these good GPA’s for Irvine, SB, and SD? Thank you!!!

UCLA and UCB state that they look at the Fully weighted and capped weighted. The other UC’s do not specifically state they consider the Fully weighted but it does not mean they do not. All the UC Freshman profile stats are based on the UC Capped weighted GPA. UCLA/UCB 's website does cite their stats also for the Fully weighted GPA.

Yes, your GPA’s are within range for listed UC’s. Check the Freshman profiles.

Remember GPA is only one part of your application so test scores, HS course rigor, EC’s and essays all contribute to your chances.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campuses/berkeley/index.html

with a 4.09 and 1300ish SAT (guess on my part) and average ECs and essays - SD is pretty unlikely to admit you. Davis, Irvine and SB could go either way. UCSC, UCR and UCM are very likely to admit you.

Apply broadly and add an ap or two to CSUs,. SDSU, CP SLO and CSULB maybe…
good luck.

Thank you for your great answer!! This has been bugging me for a while.

My SAT score is 1440 but I would defintely say my EC’s are below average and my essays will most likely be average. Would an SAT Subject test help? I’m considering math 2 since I want to major in math. WOOPS this is like turning into a chance me now.

with that SAT, you are probably 60/40 for UCD, UCI and UCSB. i don;t think the subject tests carry a ton of weight anymore for most majors at most of the UCs - though I’d validate that with your target campus.