Question concerning UC GPA

<p>What does it exactly mean by the maximum number of points given for Honor/AP classes is 8?</p>

<p>Does that mean that I can only add an extra point for the Honor/AP classes eight times? Or does that mean that I can only add an extra point for those classes eight different grades? I guess that question didn’t turn out right. lol</p>

<p>For example:
If I took one AP class in sophomore year, and then five in junior year, that counts as six years of AP class, right? Is that below the maximum? Or does every year (since each year has two semester) count as one point, making my total extra points value to be 12? </p>

<p>I’m so confused.</p>

<p>8 different grades, not 8 different classes. Your total is above the maximum, so only 4 AP classes will be weighted with honors credit.</p>

<p>Oh, well, that sucks. Thanks for your help. =)</p>

<p>8 extra points are applicable for each SEMESTER grade. If you took 8 semesters of AP classes, 8 extra points are added into GPA calculation.</p>

<p>^If I took 12 semesters of AP classes, that would still be 8 extra points, right?</p>

<p>Yes, you'd only get the first eight as the extra weight. Your UC GPA is capped at 4.5.</p>