Question for current students/Barrons

<p>I've read that the average GPA @ UW is around 3.1. However, for many honors/distinctions you need to be in the top x% of your college. Is there a published record of what GPA is top 10%, 15%, or 20%? Any idea on what percent the deans list would be? I've been told 3.5+ is around top 20%, but that seems a bit low, I'd imagine it's above 25%.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Most classes are graded on a curve where only 10 percent of the class gets an A. I have friends who graduated from UW and went on to good graduate programs, and the school did have rankings of gpas.</p>

<p>I mean, sometimes it is like that. I'm a student @ UW, and only a few of the classes have had a set curve (one was at 10%). So, does anyone have any specific answers?</p>

<p>The SOB does this for sure as most honors are based on gpa/rank.</p>

<p>I feel very freshman-like, but what does "SOB" stand for? Student something, something?</p>

<p>School of Business.</p>

<p>yea well my only experience is that students towards the top of their programs got into top law schools etc. These students didn't always have top numerical gpas, but the school clearly has a ranking system that lets graduate programs and employers know where a student stands.</p>

<p>So, do they publish one for L&S? I'm trying to figure out what a 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7 GPA would be rank wise</p>

<p>People I knew were Poli-sci which is L and S. I think they must do some type of ranking, I'll ask when I talk to them.</p>