Question for York College of PA Students or Parents!

<p>We just checked the website for status of my daughter's application and it is now saying Decision Made and under Decision it says Mailed. We were expecting an admitted or a denied. </p>

<p>Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what was the result (admittance or denial?) The letter will be here in a couple days I'm sure - but we're anxious to know. </p>

<p>Thank you! </p>

<p>2 years ago, my daughter just had her acceptance mailed. Procedures change from year to year. However, with rolling admissions, a quick answer is usually a good answer. The “maybes” get put on a pile at most schools for a later decision.</p>

<p>As of 2 years ago, the acceptance included info about the 4 year track and the 4.5 year track. To get on the 4 year track and to keep a nursing major, you had to put down a deposit by around December. If the nursing program fills up before you put in a deposit, you are accepted as a non-nursing major. . Most of the deposit was refundable if you notified them before May 1 that you wanted to attend another school. The 4.5 year track was added to provide some extra capacity in the clinicals, etc. Most students are 4 years. However, if a student does not have AP credit and does not intend to take a class or two over the summer, the 4 year track may be a challenge. In some semesters, it includes 17 credits, including two difficult science classes with labs. The 4.5 year track is more expensive in the end, but may be less stressful. </p>

<p>Fortunately, many of the non-nursing and non-science classes have not been as difficult, which balances out the workload.</p>

<p>Thank you Charliesch, that’s some very helpful information.</p>

<p>I hope you’re right about a quick decision being a good one! We are both just quite impatient, so knowing a decision has been made, but having to wait until a letter arrives to find out, is hard! Lol</p>

<p>Anyone else?? </p>

<p>Hope your mailman will get here soon. Good luck</p>

<p>My D applied to York college Nov 1st and on Nov 14 I checked the online status and she was admitted. She got a call today from her admissions counselor stating how many spots were taken and how many left for track 1. Bloomsburgs online status also states she is accepted but no letter yet. Waiting on 3 more schools. Good luck everyone! </p>

<p>Congrats, beaner’s daughter… </p>