Question on UC app

<p>I’m a rising senior, and just took a summer school course in my school. What if I don’t put that class into my app? Because my UC GPA is 4.1, and I got an A in my art class however, it will lower my UC GPA. to like 4.06… Can i just leave it out?</p>

<p>You must report all your classes, no getting out of it or your admission can be rescinded.</p>

<p>it's going to show up on your transcript so why lie.</p>

<p>^yep.</p>

<p>When you're in high school, almost everything you do gets recorded. :) Besides, a 4.1 to a 4.06 isn't even that bad.</p>

<p>My teachers said that summer of junior year courses are optional... they could be on the college app or not.</p>

<p>4.1 to 4.06 is kinda a big difference for me.. It's 40 crucial points for UCSD. It could be a make or break... omfg, im nervous..</p>

<p>Uhh.. You might want to check on that again. If your high school enrolls you into summer school at another high school, then I'm sure it goes straight into your high school transcript after your complete the course. The school you went to for summer school sends your grades to your school and they input the grades. The only way you get out of it is if you drop the course. At least that's how it worked for my school from 9-11. </p>

<p>If you take a course at a community college then I believe you have the option of not turning in the transcript to your school since transcripts are dealt directly with the student and not the high school.</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
4.1 to 4.06 is kinda a big difference for me.. It's 40 crucial points for UCSD. It could be a make or break... omfg, im nervous..

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>There are people with GPAs as low as 3.3 that got into UCSD. I think you're fine with a 4.06 unless you have NO EC's and horrible SAT scores.</p>

<p>although it may cost you 40 points, don't you also get more points if you take more classes? i actually think its something like 50 points for each class over the UC requirement..</p>

<p>edit: nevermind, i don't think it goes by each class but a certain interval. either way, there's nothing you can do about it..</p>

<p>
[quote]
If you take a course at a community college then I believe you have the option of not turning in the transcript to your school since transcripts are dealt directly with the student and not the high school.]

[/quote]
The report card is dealt directly to me. I took summer school at another school, so its dealt to me. My teacher said give the report card to my counselor in beginning of next school year.</p>

<p>^ i don't think so.. i never heard of that before..</p>

<p>I went through the same thing. They gave me the report card after I completed the course and I was told to give it to my counselors... Except my counselors didn't need it since that school also sent over my grades via mail themselves. Look, if you REALLY don't want to put this in your UC app. then don't... Except on the first day of your senior year, go to your counselor and request an unofficial transcript. If your unofficial transcript does not include the grade you took over the summer then there's no need to put that on your UC app. You might want to also go back in November and request another unofficial transcript just in case they didn't include it in October or whatever. </p>

<p>If the grade doesn't show up on your transcripts, there is absolutely no need for you to put it on the UC app... And even if you did put it in ur UC app, the UC's are going to think you're lying since it's not going to show up on your final transcript and vice versa (if the grade does go into your transcript and you don't put it in, your admission could be revoked).</p>

<p>Oh, ok ill check. I'm pretty sure the school didnt send it to my school. Because the Program, was set up by a college, and our district doesn't even support it. My teacher had to pay for the classroom, our district doesn't even pay the teachers at my program. The east los angeles community college pays the teachers. So I'm pretty sure that school didnt send it to my school. But i will double check.</p>

<p>If the program was set up by a college then I don't think it will go into your transcripts unless you give them the transcript... But be one step ahead just in case. Make sure you go check in September and November.</p>

<p>alrighty . thanks.</p>

<p>wow a difference between 4.1 and 4.06 ...</p>

<p>ummmm, i don't think UCs count the summer after junior year. I think they only count it the summer before sophomore and the summer before junior. At least it doesn't count towards your GPA. It will show on the transcript though.</p>

<p>^ they count it if it's a-g. UC's will count grades from summer school AFTER your 9th grade year to summer school AFTER your 11th grade year. They just don't count senior year grades from fall and spring but they will count the summer after you complete your junior year.</p>

<p>I've already gone through this process so please don't confuse people if you're not 100% sure.</p>

<p>Please see my post at <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=374847%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=374847&lt;/a> . I hope that post answers your question.</p>