Question on When to Complete App

<p>Hello everyone. My daughter has submitted the online app for Alabama last week. We need to send transcript and SAT scores. She has a 3.9 unweighted GPA, and CR and Math SAT’s are in the mid-600’s.</p>

<p>Since we submitted the app, she has decided that she really wants to shoot for Honors College, and our school probably won’t send the transcript for a couple of weeks, since school is just now back and session and transcripts aren’t their highest priority right now.</p>

<p>She is signed up for the Sept. ACT and Oct. SAT.</p>

<p>My question is, should she just wait to “finish” the app until final SAT/ACT scores are in (late October), or should she push to get the transcript sent soon, and send her current SAT scores in?</p>

<p>Thank you for your guidance!</p>

<p>Either way is fine. She can complete things now, and then send in new scores later.</p>

<p>She can apply to honors as soon as she’s accepted. The later she applies, the longer it will take for apps to be processed.</p>

<p>Gigem86: That’s great that your daughter is willing to sit again for the SAT and ACT. A better score also can lead to additional merit money.</p>

<p>My son has the scores for the Honors College, but he knows that, being out of state, he really needs some additional merit money in order to attend Alabama. So he had me sign him up for the Oct. SAT with the hope of hitting the Presidential requirements. He also wants to register for the Nov. sitting, but hopes he will not need it and will forfeit the fee.</p>

<p>We’re in the same boat Gigem. It was kind of frustrating to sit at Senior Parent night and be told it was 2 weeks before they would be ready to accept transcript requests – in our county system, we’ve been back to school since mid-August and this is a direct result of budget cuts to the counseling departments. I’m not sure how those folks are supposed to manage schedules, transcripts/college apps and recs, and actually counsel kids having issues. But they are trying their best in a difficult job. My son went ahead and submitted everything but the transcripts. Now he’s just in a hold pattern until the magical date of September 8th when he can go fill out the transcript request. I told him to get to school early that day and be first in line!</p>