Question re Bama Cash

<p>I’m sure I could find this on the Bama website with a little effort, but it’s a lazy day. At the end of the spring semester, D’s unused dining dollars (which was 95% of them, since she barely used them) transferred to her Bama Cash account. She now has a Bama Cash balance that is way too high for what is essentially a debit card with no PIN. How does she go about having a portion of that balance refunded to her?</p>

<p>Looks like you can only get the balance refunded between May 15 and July 1 unless you have graduated or withdrawn. From the website: </p>

<p>“What happens to money left in my debit accounts at the end of the year?
Bama Cash account funds automatically carry over from year to year ready for use at any time. Request for refunds are accepted between May 15 through July 1 each year. Refund requests are processed after the last day of final exams for the spring term with the refund applied to the student’s account at the Office of Student Receivables. For students who have graduated or withdrawn requests for refunds are accepted at any time with refunds applied to the student’s account at the Office of Student Receivables. Dining Dollars account funds remaining on the last day of exams for spring term will automatically be applied to a Bama Cash debit account for the student. Requests for refunds are accepted May 15 through July 1 each year. Refund requests are processed after the last day of final exams for the spring term with the refund applied to the student’s account at the Office of Student Receivables.”</p>

<p>I think you may have missed the deadline (July 1st?) for a refund from spring semester, Beth’s mom. I guess you could send her to Publix to buy what she needs and whittle it down a bit. If not, it looks like you may have to wait and request a refund next time.</p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/q&a.shtml]Q&A[/url”&gt;http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/q&a.shtml]Q&A[/url</a>]</p>

<p>Sorry, posted at the same time as Peachtide.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll just tell her to spend it down at the places that accept Bama Cash and to treat her ACT Card like gold.</p>

<p>Wow! S always uses every penny of those dining dollars! Good for your d.</p>

<p>S used a lot of his dining dollars last year at the football games (food etc.) during 1st semester. 2nd semester he hardly used any so at the end of the year he had between $300-$400 left. We requested the credit at the end of the year, and it was very nice to have that money available this year for his tuition bill (basically it paid the required $300 dining dollar amount again.) For newbies, definitely try to remember to fill out the form next May requesting the left over amount.</p>