Question re Crimson E-Mail

<p>After one has applied to UA, do e-mail communications go to the Crimson e-mail account, or do they go to the e-mail address that the applicant supplied? Also, if you set up your Crimson e-mail account to forward to another e-mail account, do the messages still show in the Crimson e-mail account?</p>

<p>Communications go to crimson. Forwarded mail keeps a copy in crimson.</p>

<p>^^^
That’s correct, you can set it to keep a copy in Crimson, or delete it, (in preferences) your choice.</p>

<p>Do the following email addresses go to Crimson? When I forwarded to one of the accounts, it did not show up in the Crimson account.</p>

<p>@bama.ua.edu

• @ua.edu
  • @bama.ua.edu
  • @ua.edu</p>

<p>I don’t see anywhere to check them on mybama</p>

<p>try @crimson.ua.edu
To access click Crimson logo upper right on MyBama</p>

<p>@bama.ua.edu should forward to ones Crimson account as that was the format for student e-mails before Crimson.</p>

<p>Tks for info gojack – I didn’t realize that Bama had already set up a forward so the different addresses assigned to daughter would go to Crimson. Seems to be working now and I even put a forwarding address to let us know if she receives new mail.</p>

<p>where did you go to forward? I am sorry, I must be stupid. Can you help me. I can get to the page that lists her multi emails. How do you forward to our own email?</p>

<p>thanks for the help…</p>

<p>Never mind, I just figured it out. I am not so dumb after all</p>

<p>socaldad – pretty sure you’re not stupid – after you are in the crimson gmail, click on “settings” – then look across the top and click on “forarding and…” – then just add a forwarding email address and make sure you click on forward and then save prior to exiting…</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>No problem,
Crimson mail page > Under “settings” (upper right)
Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” Tab
Enter your email under “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” </p>

<p>If I remember right it sends you a confirmation email that you have to click on to confirm, and after confirmation, your Bama emails will be forwarded.</p>

<p>If you want multiple forwards, just click the “Add forwarding address” button for the next address to forward to.</p>

<p>Under “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” is a drop down where you choose what to do after it’s forwarded (keep, archive, delete etc)</p>

<p>OOps
cross post
Sorry BamaAF</p>