Question re: University Honors Designation

<p>Honors kids need at least 18 honors credits, 6 of which must be designated University Honors. Does this mean it must have UH designation in it’s course number? I noticed some of the Literature/Humanities courses are departmental honors and are shown as “Humanities and Literature and University Honors” - but I am guessing these do not count towards the University Honors credit. Such as:</p>

<p>EN 215 001 MA 3.000 Honors English Literature I Humanities and Literature and University Honors</p>

<p>Is this considered a ‘Departmental Honors’ course that would count towards the required 18 honors credits…but not the 6 ‘University Honors’ credits?</p>

<p>On the other hand:
UH 210 001 MA 3.000 HnFineArt:Arts and Parody Fine Arts and University Honors</p>

<p>would count as both a Fine Arts credit AND towards the 6 required University Honors credits?</p>

<p>ooooohhh- good question. I am tryng to figure out how the whole double major and minor thing works with credits. Which ones can count for both and which ones can only count for one or the other. I did not even think about Honors!</p>

<p>*Question re: University Honors Designation
Honors kids need at least 18 honors credits, 6 of which must be designated University Honors. Does this mean it must have UH designation in it’s course number? I noticed some of the Literature/Humanities courses are departmental honors and are shown as “Humanities and Literature and University Honors” - but I am guessing these do not count towards the University Honors credit. Such as:</p>

<p>EN 215 001 MA 3.000 Honors English Literature I Humanities and Literature and University Honors</p>

<p>Is this considered a ‘Departmental Honors’ course that would count towards the required 18 honors credits…but not the 6 ‘University Honors’ credits?</p>

<p>On the other hand:
UH 210 001 MA 3.000 HnFineArt:Arts and Parody Fine Arts and University Honors</p>

<p>would count as both a Fine Arts credit AND towards the 6 required University Honors credits?
*</p>

<p>6 credits are supposed to have UH in the number…like UH 201. And exception is that IHP cultures class.</p>

<p>The department honors classes like English 103 counts towards the 18 credits, but not the 6.</p>

<p>See if this list helps :slight_smile: </p>

<p><a href=“http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/uploads/forms/Current%20Students/Snapshot%20of%20Policies%20and%20Procedures.pdf[/url]”>http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/uploads/forms/Current%20Students/Snapshot%20of%20Policies%20and%20Procedures.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks CrimsonMom! That’s very helpful!</p>