QUESTION: UC application family income/size

<p>So, I have a problem.</p>

<p>When I was filling out the UC application family income/size for 2006 section, my dad told me to put down 4 because it included my parents, me, and my older brother. So I put that down 4 because it made sense since my brother is still living at home and being supported by my parents in community college. </p>

<p>But later, I found that on my parent’s 2006 tax form, my brother wasn’t listed as a dependent and that my dad didn’t claim him as a dependent at that time (even though my parents were supporting him, which doesn’t make sense!).</p>

<p>It was a mistake on my dad’s part because I think he thought of the 2007 tax form (in which he said he is claiming my brother as a dependent). Its just that, I don’t want the UC to think that I lied on my family size because I really didn’t know that my brother wasn’t listed.</p>

<p>Oh gosh, this is so frustrating. And my dad said not to worry (he doesn’t take me seriously, its a culture thing), but I can’t help it.</p>

<p>So, does anyone know if this will jeopardize my admission? i heard the UC is really strict on accurate information. I’m so scared. =(</p>

<p>Sorry for the long read.</p>

<p>Family data information is optional only. I think it will help you if you are low income, otherwise I don't know if it hurts. You do have 4 people in your family right?</p>

<p>Call the admissions office.</p>