Question

<p>I had the full intent of going to Madison if I was accepted but i still haven't found out so I'm starting to think of a Plan B and need to meet most application deadlines within the next month. I'm already accepted to Minnesota but im not really sold on going there at all. What are some other options within the Big 10.</p>

<p>University of Nebraska - the new darling of the Big Ten in 2011.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Nebraska–Lincoln](<a href=“http://www.unl.edu/]University”>http://www.unl.edu/)</p>

<p>Ohio State
Michigan State
Indiana
Penn State (I might go to pitt so cringe)
Maybe Illinois</p>

<p>You can’t go wrong with the academics or the social atmosphere (In my opinion) so yeah</p>

<p>TeachMe:</p>

<p>UW Madison parent here. You still have lots of time yet before any admit decisions are finalized. Stay optimistic. There are many posts on the Fall 2011 admit thread about the admissions office being way behind due to being short staffed – so keep your hopes up.</p>

<p>While we love Bucky, our middle D attends the Univ. of Iowa. She loves it there. Excellent school, beautiful campus, great kids, lots of school spirit. Many OOS kids, mostly from Illinois. Very strong English, writing and liberal arts programs. Very strong also for life sciences and the pre-professional degrees: pre-med, pre-law and pre-dentistry. Check out the threads on the U of IA blog here on CC. </p>

<p>The U of IA uses an admissions tool / matrix called the “RAI” - Regents Admissions Index - to admit students. Basically, the RAI takes into account your test scores, your H.S. grade point, your H.S. class rank and your H.S course work. If you are an OOS student and have good test scores and grades, they also offer pretty good potential merit aid. </p>

<p>The RAI website is: [admission to Iowa’s Regent Universities: Regent Admission Index](<a href=“Regent Admission Index | Board of Regents State of Iowa”>http://www.regents.iowa.gov/RAI&lt;/a&gt;).</p>

<p>At the website you can determine your unofficial chances of admission. If your RAI is over the minimum ( 255 for non-engineering majors) you have an outstanding chance of being admitted. Our D received her admissions decision within 3 weeks of applying.</p>

<p>Best of luck and think positive thoughts.</p>

<p>^^no mention of the hands down best in the big ten?
apply to UMich for sure if your stats are even remotely within range.</p>

<p>30 ACT, 3.82 UW GPA…I would if I didn’t get into Madison but I doubt I’d get accepted at Michigan and not uw…plus Madison is my number one anyways.</p>

<p>well your stats aren’t bad at all… so i would apply to UMich if i were you. while i agree that michigan is generally more selective than wisconsin, you never know. if you don’t apply your chance is 0%, if you do its >0%.</p>

<p>University/2011 ranking/2010 ranking </p>

<p>Northwestern/12/12
Michigan/29/27<br>
Wisconsin/45/39
Illinois/47/39
Penn State/47/47
Ohio State/56/53
Purdue/56/61
Minnesota/64/61
Iowa/72/71
Indiana/75/71
Michigan State/79/71