Questions about a Couple of Bama's Majors

<p>Hello all, recently started the college search (college class of 2019) and Alabama has caught my eye…I’m finding I like everything about it…campus, programs, even their dorms seem to be better than a lot of colleges. It’s definitely on my top 3 list right now. So long as I get the qualifying SAT scores (which I think I will), I’ll qualify for the Presidential Scholarship too, and I also really like their Honors Program. Seems like everyone at Bama is also just really down to Earth and friendly, I can see that even on here, seems like this is the most active college forum on CC!</p>

<p>Anyhow, I’ll likely major in journalism, possibly double major in political science too…haven’t heard a ton about those two programs, anyone know how good they are at Alabama. I’ve looked at their website and it seems like two pretty good programs, but was just wondering if anyone had experience or heard anything about either of them. </p>

<p>Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>I know nothing about either of these areas, but steady yourself for a torrent of friendly, helpful advice from knowledgeable BAMA-CC posters. You will be thinking, after a while, how can all this good stuff possibly be true. Believe it: it is that and a whole lot more. Good luck with your searches.</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick reply, aeromom. I’ve been stalking this forum for the past couple of months soaking up information about Bama, certainly seems great! I can tell you all care for Bama, and maybe in a couple of years I’ll be part of the Bama family!</p>

<p>Journalism is pretty good. You’ll want to be proactive and seek out internships and writing opportunities - nobody’s going to hand them to you on a silver platter. The whole industry is changing fast, though. It was a very poorly paid profession before, and it’s gotten worse, with fewer opportunities as newspapers fold. Hope you’re good looking - visual seems to be the future of journalism, online or on TV.</p>

<p>Not too hard on the eyes, Southlander. :wink: Haha, thanks for the advice. I plan on double-majoring too, so I suppose that will give me something to fall back on. </p>

<p>Another major I’m possibly interested in is Biology, or some type of science…anyone have any personal experience with the science department? I hear it’s pretty good. I could see myself potentially going pre-med too.</p>