Questions about applying for UHP and CBHP

<p>Hello. I’m Emma :slight_smile: I was recently accepted to UA and I am planning on applying for the UHP and CBHP. I have a few questions to ask about that process. I figured people here would know. Sorry if these things have been asked before. I tried reading older threads to see if I could get them answered that way but I couldn’t find much. </p>

<p>For the “high school achievements, honors and activities” box, should I write in complete sentences explaining everything or just list them with a short description if necessary?</p>

<p>I am also wondering what information I should include in my resume. Should I repeat things that I put in the activities and honors section of the application?</p>

<p>Also, with an ACT score of only 30, should I even bother applying for CBHP? I would really like to do it, but that score seems a bit low. Have people with a score that low been chosen as finalists in the past?</p>

<p>Thank you for reading this and I hope I didn’t ask anything too stupid.</p>

<p>i didnt describe any of my ECs…i just listed them…and I got “accepted” two days later</p>

<p>i dont know about CBHP…im still thinking about whether to apply or not…so i guess i think i would like to know the answer to that question too :)</p>

<p>My son is in his second year in CBHP. He knows students who had scores of 28+ who are in the program. It is an excellent research program. As a freshman, you learn the two computer languages needed for research. So, if you study and hard work, you can do well. That said, his advice is that when you apply, you should say in your essay how CBH relates to your interests and what the program can do for you. </p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>Hi Emma and WELCOME!!! :)</p>

<p>My son is a senior at Bama and did CBH…He loved it.</p>

<p>There are kids in CBH with ACT 30, so don’t worry about that. </p>

<p>What is your major?</p>

<p>Just list your ECs…you don’t need to write sentences unless an EC needs some further explanation.</p>

<p>As for your resume…Yes, there will be some repeated info from the application… :)</p>

<p>John Doe
123 Main Street
Anytown, State 12345
home phone
mobile phone</p>

<p>high school name, city, state</p>

<p>Weighted GPA _____ Unweighted GPA ________
Class Rank
SAT (include breakdown)
ACT
(If you’re NMSF mention it here.)</p>

<p>AP classes/scores</p>

<p>Courses taken</p>

<p>Courses in progress</p>

<p>ECs/Clubs (positions held)</p>

<p>Awards</p>

<p>Sports</p>

<p>Community Service</p>

<p>Internships</p>

<p>Job Experience</p>

<p>Things like the above set up like a job resume… </p>

<p>Here’s a thread where we talk about the honors college.
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/804961-honors-colleges-4-different-programs-app-process.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/804961-honors-colleges-4-different-programs-app-process.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>What state are you from? Have you visited the campus yet?</p>

<p>You got a scholarship, right?</p>

<p>Thank you so much for the advice, mom2collegekids. </p>

<p>I’m from Delaware and I visited the campus this summer. It was an amazing experience. I have wanted to go there for almost two years now and it was great to finally get to visit in august. The campus is beautiful and everyone was so nice and cheerful :)</p>

<p>I got the scholarship that pays for 2/3 of tuition. I’m really glad because I don’t think I’d be able to go if I did not get it.</p>

<p>My major is physics :D</p>