Questions about BUA

1. What are the PE requirements at BUA (is it once or twice a week for 9th/10th grade?)
  2. I know that BUA doesn’t offer AP courses, but do they host AP exams?
  3. Also, how large are the typical BU classes that BUA students attend in 11th/12th grade?
  4. Finally, can students get permission to enroll in a BU class early, in 9th or 10th grade?
    Thank you!

These will be very fast answers from their admissions office if you email.

But my understanding as someone whose kid applied:

1. I believe it is 2x (but may vary depending on the offering you select). I also believe you can get exemptions if you are very competitive in some outside athletic pursuit.
  2. Not sure, I think they might for kids taking equivalent of Calc AB and BC (course descriptions do reference the tests, but not 100%). I’d be curious about 11th US history, but I bet they don’t as they don’t want to teach to the test.
  3. I believe this will vary depending on the course. If you are taking an advanced literature in Japanese it will be different than Econ 101 (or whatever). I do know BUA has staff to help guide students to specific BU classes. I have a friend whose kids go there and she said the person is fantastic and leads you to excellent BU professors and courses. the BU website may have averages!
  4. I believe so, but only in rare occasions if you are placed out of the math or latin/greek offered at BUA (maybe science). I also don’t think you can add extra classes, if that is what you meant.

Thank you! Is your kid going?

Not decided yet, but probably.

And you? sounds like you are deciding?