Questions about NMF scholarships

<p>D just got formal notice of making NMF yesterday. YAY! :slight_smile: I have a few questions. Is the package that UA offers to NMF’s considered a “college sponsored scholarship”? The reason I ask is because the list of college sponsored scholarships shows that UA offers 30 of these. I read that 182 NMF’s enrolled last year. Were they all ‘guaranteed’ the NMF package as listed on the UA website? (full four years of tuition and housing, $1000 per year, one time $2000 summer research allowance, and an iPad)
If we go ahead and list UA as first choice to NMSC now, how long is it before we get this ‘guaranteed’ offer in writing?
I know I worry too much, but I’m just trying to make sure there are no loose ends.</p>

<p>Last question for now… how do I change my user name to NMFdad? HAHAHAHA!! j/k</p>

<p>Thanks for any info!</p>

<p>Yes, all NMFs at Bama are guaranteed that package. The 1k part is the official NM award, and the rest is the “unofficial” portion that UA guarantees.</p>

<p>D just got formal notice of making NMF yesterday. YAY! I have a few questions. Is the package that UA offers to NMF’s considered a “college sponsored scholarship”? The reason I ask is because the list of college sponsored scholarships shows that UA offers 30 of these. </p>

<p>****That 30 number is not current. Bama offers to every NMF. Don’t know why that number hasn’t been updated. Is that on the NMCorp website? If so, I will let Scholarships know that.</p>

<p>I read that 182 NMF’s enrolled last year. Were they all ‘guaranteed’ the NMF package as listed on the UA website? (full four years of tuition and housing, $1000 per year, one time $2000 summer research allowance, and an iPad)</p>

<p>***Yes…all 182 got the full NMF scholarship…which was a whole bunch of money when you consider that each one costs about $120k for each OOS student. </p>

<p>If we go ahead and list UA as first choice to NMSC now, how long is it before we get this ‘guaranteed’ offer in writing?</p>

<p>***You can do it now…you have until May 1st, but you can do it now if you want. Official offers should be coming out soon now that Finalists have been named. </p>

<p>Congrats!!! </p>

<p>BTW…I don’t think you can change your screenname, but you might as a mod about that.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No need. Your user name now stands for National Merit Super Finalist Dad. Congrats and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks, tommy! That helps.</p>

<p>m2ck, THANKS! :slight_smile: Yes those numbers came from the “student guide” on the NMSC website. I will pm you the link since I don’t think we’re supposed to put links in these posts. I really appreciate your input and knowledge.</p>

<p>malanai, HAHAHAHA!! I like that idea! And thanks for the congrats. Roll Tide!</p>