Questions about Pitt nursing program

<p>Has anyone gone through the program and are there cadaver labs in undergrad study? I'm wondering if it's part of the anatomy lab in freshman year.. If there are I'd be so psyched. </p>

<p>Anyone have experience with the living/learning community at lothrop hall? kind of confused how that works but it sounds like something I would be interested in. Is it hard to get into as a freshman?</p>

<p>I just got accepted to Pitt nursing and I would love any insight on their program. Thanks!!</p>

<p>You’ve got it made. Pitt Nursing is pretty amazing. We visited in two occasions and were really impressed by everything. Lothrop Hall is convenient and very nice.</p>

<p>Could I ask you, what are ur scores/ gpa? Pitt nursing is my top choice and I’m still waiting to hear back.</p>

<p>I applied in August with my scores from June (CR680 W670 M480) and a 3.7 GPA. They asked for my October SAT scores and I studied my buns off and brought my math score up to 630. I received my acceptance about 2 weeks later. I knew my first SAT scores wouldn’t do it for me but I talked to them beforehand and asked if they’d reconsider if the first wasn’t good enough. </p>

<p>Hopefully you’ll hear back soon because they seem pretty quick with their decisions! Good luck :)</p>

<p>Teekarex:</p>

<p>I applied mid October and heard back beginning of November, decision came very quickly.
When I visited UPitt Nursing they said the average SAT score (out of 1600) for the class accepted last year was 1300. I was a liitle bit skeptical because I had a 1250 but I think they accept a lot of students for a class of around 115 because the school itself is pricey. </p>

<p>My Stats are</p>

<p>1900 SAT
28 ACT</p>

<p>3.99 GPA
All honors and AP classes</p>

<p>NHS
100+ hours of hospital voluntering
Field Hockey
National Spanish Honor Society
National Art Honor Society
Spanish Exchange
Appalachia Volunteer