questions about purdue

<p>what is the best dorm for FYE male??
um.. and
how many asians are in purdue?? approxi</p>

<p>I’d say Tarkington is a pretty good choice. It’s pretty close to the main engineering building and other science buildings.</p>

<p>As for number of asians, it’s hard to say. If you look, there are plenty. It’d be hard for me to give you a number though. But if you’re looking for asians, you won’t have to look hard in your FYE classes.</p>

<p>purdue has about 5% asians so given 20k-30k undergrad students then about 1k-1.5k…dorm really depends on what you’re looking for in a dorm…i wanted a coed dorm so i went for those choices first…but i think just the dorm experience itself is good no matter where you end up…</p>

<p>another questions…
do Purdue look at senior grade?? i mean 12th grade…??
i got all A in first marking period but 2nd marking period, i have 1 D, 2 Cs…
wow… hahaa</p>

<p>there are a plenty of Asians but they are straight up from China, Korea, India and the rest of Asia. There are very few people of Asian decent who grew up in the United States. As for the dorms, it depends what you want. If you want close to engineering building I would choose Tarkington. However the rooms in Shreve, Hillenbrand and Earhart are far nicer but they are further from campus. Its a choice you and only you can make which you would prefer.</p>

<p>People make too much of a big deal when it comes to location of dorm. Walking an additional 1-2 blocks ain’t going to kill you. McCutcheon is technically the “furthest” dorm from campus but it isn’t that much of a walk. The walks to campus are actually really nice. All you do is cut through the courtyard thats in the middle of Hillenbrand, Harrison, and McCutcheon then walk past Shreve, the Co-Rec etc. then you’d be at Beering which is the middle of the academic campus.</p>

<p>personally I disagree, I hate living further from campus. This is why I am putting down Cary Suites as my first choice next year. But for everyone its different, going to my 7:30 class with the wind blowing in my face is less than ideal. Its a personal decision, some people dont have a preference and others may, take into consideration what YOU want when you make a room selection.</p>

<p>thank you.!!! i’ll ask same question on the chat today~ ^^</p>

<p>baseballnerd- Which dorm do you live in this year?</p>

<p>I like in hilltop this year and I love it. Im a freshmen but it gives you the size of an apartment and I still have met a lot of people, not to mention its one of the cheaper housing out there when compared to earhart, hillenbrand and such.</p>

<p>For the asians question, idk if u are asking because you are one or what not but there are plenty if you want to hang with them but theres also a good variety of different people too so.</p>

<p>I live in Shreve this year</p>