Questions about the Best Housing Halls. Best Ones?

<p>So I was recently accepted. Which halls are the best? I'd like to be closer to the engineering buildings and do certain types of people to to certain dorms? I know Hullabaloo is the hot place to stay. Anyone have any personal experiences or suggestions? Also, I can apply for housing and then, if I decide to go elsewhere, get a refund right? Thanks</p>

<p>Yes you can get a refund if you opt out later. Although Northside dorms are closer, Southside are not very much further away ( the engineering dorm, Mosher is on south side). I would say any dorm would be fine in proximity, except the new White Creek apartments which are over by the Bush Govt buildings- about a 45 min. brisk walk to the main campus area for most majors. A&M students are so similar, they do not even consider individual preferences when assigning dorms unlike many other schools. Check out the many threads on here about housing to get more info.</p>

<p>@AGmomx2‌ Ok good. Yeah, I’ve been looking all around for as much info as possible. I think I’ll put down Hobby, Haas, and Eppright in that order. I know it’s probably too late, but do you have any insight on Hullabaloo vs the modular dorms? Thanks</p>

<p>My two daughters are at Texas A&M, both in engineering. The older daughter lived in the northside Honors dorm and loved it. The modular rooms had 2 closets for each girl which was a nice plus and they had their own bathroom which was cleaned for them weekly. Her best friends for the past almost 4 years came from her dorm. My younger freshman lives in Hullaballoo and loves it. She and her roommate also have their own bathroom which is cleaned for them weekly but their room is bigger than the honors dorms it seems. There is less closet space and the girls also brought too many clothes but it seems to be plenty of space. It also has two sinks in the bathroom which they feel is nice. She also loves having a kitchen on her floor as she makes a few simple dishes. She seems to have made some wonderful friends in her dorm as well. All those things being said, what they both loved was the location to the engineering buildings. They felt the proximity to their classes is a big plus because, with labs and study sessions, they are on that part of campus a lot.</p>

<p>The way housing works here, they will not offer you a higher category (price) room if it is open if you do not have that price point on your list. Highest price is Hullabaloo, so if you want a chance at that dorm, you have to list it as one of your choices. Don’t get too wrapped around your choices, often you end up elsewhere than your listed dorms if you are not in the first wave of housing. Another university I’m familiar with makes you rank every single dorm on campus so the list is far more important, here it is more of a price-point, style of room for most students since there are so few choices to list (it use to be 3, assuming it still is) and many students list the same ones. FYI Hobby houses the Terry Scholars so there will be fewer rooms available in that dorm than others. </p>

<p>Just saw that there is a non-refundable part of the fees now - $25 admin. fee. The $300 is refundable though. Sorry if I mislead you - thought I’d better update. </p>

<p>Does anyone have experience with Hart?</p>