Questions about transferring to UM..

<p>Hi, I'm trying to transfer to University of Miami next year. (I am now currently a freshmen at University of Texas at San Antonio). I should pull off a 3.75 or 4.00 this first semester, which is the only completed semester i'll have when applying. In high school I didn't do well, due to no motivation because I wasn't for sure what i wanted to do when I was older. I probably got around a 3.4 on a 5.0 scale or something. It put me in the 3rd quarter of my school. I know that when I apply university of miami will look at my high school grades. If i keep up my good grades this semester, come with a 3.75 or 4.00 and have some letters of recommendation should I have problems getting in?</p>

<p>Can someone please respond, i’m really worrying about this and i really want to end up making it into the school. ANY help or advice would be really appreciated</p>

<p>Why are you transferring? You should speak to the admin at UM and see what they have to say.</p>

<p>I second that idea. The administration is VERY good about helping students. You might also ask to speak with a peer counselor.</p>

<p>ok ill try calling them tommorow thanks</p>

<p>Any feedback? What is it about UT that you do not like? I know it is a big university, but everyone who went there loved it. Give it a proper thought. Ask your parents.</p>

<p>Yeah, i have no problem with UTSA, but its not the main campus which is the extremely big one. I like it here a lot. I just need to transfer to university of miami because of their electrical engineering major with a focus on audio. </p>

<p>Also, is it normal for students to transfer after only one completed semester?</p>

<p>(im only saying this because i know by the time the applicaiton is due i’ll only be in the middle of my second semester)</p>

<p>Lucas, what major are you at UT?</p>

<p>hey sorry for the late response</p>

<p>I’m majoring in Electrical Engineering</p>