Questions about U of ALabama! Please answer!

<p>I’ve been accepted to U of A on the Pres. Scholarship (full tuition) and I had some questions…</p>

<p>1) I applied for Electrical Engineering, but I want to do Econ… Can I switch schools before I go?</p>

<p>2) Is their Econ. program any good?</p>

<p>3) Do I have to apply for housing now (before I know if I’m going to go there)?</p>

<p>4) What’s the best way to schedule a campus tour?</p>

<p>5) Will my pres. scholarship keep me from getting the Pell grant that I would otherwise get?
I’d need the Pell to help pay for housing and fees…</p>

<p>6) Is the IHP worth it? If so, then any suggestions on where to go?</p>

<p>I’d really appreciate any answers y’all could give me!!
Thanks!</p>

<p>1) I applied for Electrical Engineering, but I want to do Econ… Can I switch schools before I go?</p>

<p>YES…but you’ll lose the 2500 per year scholarship from Engineering. You might want to consider keeping engineering, and doing Econ as a second major or minor if you need the money.</p>

<p>2) Is their Econ. program any good? </p>

<p>Yes…and there’s 2 econ majors…one in the B-school and one in A&S.</p>

<p>3) Do I have to apply for housing now (before I know if I’m going to go there)?</p>

<p>If you want to have your choice of housing, you needd to apply. If you qualify for waivers, you might get the deposits waived.</p>

<p>4) What’s the best way to schedule a campus tour?</p>

<p>Online…and then after doing that, contact Allison Verhine in honors and give her your info (stats and major(s)) and she’ll schedule the rest of the day.</p>

<p>5) Will my pres. scholarship keep me from getting the Pell grant that I would otherwise get?
I’d need the Pell to help pay for housing and fees…</p>

<p>If you qualify for Pell, you get it…no matter what. What is your EFC? The max Pell is $5550 per year.</p>

<p>6) Is the IHP worth it? If so, then any suggestions on where to go?</p>

<p>Suggestions on where to go? What language will you be studying?</p>

<p>Do you know the difference between the Econ. in Business and A&S?</p>

<p>Thanks, mom2collegekids, for helping us out with these questions.</p>

<p>Wavylays94, the best way to schedule a campus tour is by registering online at [Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit).</p>

<p>To learn more about Economics majors offered by the College of Commerce and Business Administration and the College Arts and Sciences, please visit [Undergraduate</a> Degree Programs](<a href=“Home - The Culverhouse College of Business”>Home - The Culverhouse College of Business) and [University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama).</p>