Questions about UC admission

<p>I know UC’s require 2 SAT subject tests. Do they look at the highest 2 scores? So if I got 800,780, 670. the 670 would be dropped?</p>

<p>Also do AP scores affect admission decision? would a 2 or 3 hurt my chances…?</p>

<p>Yes, they would drop the 670 score.</p>

<p>I'm not sure about AP scores though? I don't know too much about how UC's take those into account.</p>

<p>hmm...So it would be best if i took 3 and see which 2 are highest. The thing is I'm confident in Math IIC and Chem. But i don't know which 3rd one i should take. I'm considering US History... I don't want to do bad on the 3rd one and kill my chances..</p>

<p>It's okay if you do poorly on your third one... they won't take it into account. </p>

<p>Also, with regards to the US History one, I heard it's a lot of memorization-- dates and facts. I heard that the physics one isn't so bad though.</p>

<p>Yeah I took US History and thought it was pretty easy, it's basically the same thing as APUSH, with a few dumb random charts/images thrown in.</p>

<p>I'm not in physics though :p</p>

<p>you don't have to know any exact dates for the history test.</p>

<p>no question is ever going to ask you what date something occured on.</p>

<p>If you are taking AP US History, I would try the SAT II for US History in May or June since you are studying anyway for AP.</p>

<p>I took AP US History last year so the day after the AP I took the SAT II in US History. It was extremely easy; fairly straightforward and not as in depth as the AP. I ended up getting a 720 on that and a 4 on the AP. I'd definitely go with US History as one of your SAT II's.</p>

<p>^ I agree</p>

<p>I pretty much had the same experience (with better scores ha ha ha)</p>

<p>What about AP scores? A bad score like a 2 or 3 will hurt admission? or do AP scores don't matter in UC admission</p>

<p>As far as I know, they dont matter. At least from what I've heard. I dont think you list your scores on the application. Can anyone confirm?</p>

<p>You do list your scores on the application, but I don't think they really look at them.</p>

<p>AP scores are not used in the selection review. It will not harm your application if you have a score of 1 or 2 on AP exams. In regards to the SAT Subject exam scores, it is true that the lowest one will be dropped only if the three exams are from three different subject areas. For example if you have scores of 800 in Physics, 780 in Chemistry and 670 in History we would use the 800 and 670 since those are the highest scores from two different areas. I hope that is clear.</p>

<p>Ya I want to clarify that...my tutor says otherwise...you 100% sure about AP thing ?</p>

<p>Well that rep does work for UC Davis so they'd know a lot more than your tutor does.</p>

<p>He works for UCD :O</p>

<p>From <a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/credit/aptest.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/credit/aptest.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>At the end of the first paragraph it states, "AP test scores will not adversely affect a student’s chances for admission."</p>

<p>I hope this helps, and yes I work for UC Davis Undergraduate Admissions office.</p>

<p>Thanks for your verification.</p>

<p>I have a question. If AP scores do not adversely affect a student, do they help them if they're good? I've been wondering, because my stats are pretty mediocre but my APs were pretty good.</p>