Questions about UC admissions

<li><p>I just found out I got my ACT score yesterday and so I sent it in. Is it late?</p></li>
<li><p>Do UCs take preference in test scores. i.e. ACT/ SAT? If I got a better score on the ACT, should I just send that one in?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I called the UC info phone # for the ACT question on 12/31 for S and they assured me that it is not too late. I did send his scores priority, so if you sent them that way, there should absolutely not be a problem. If you did send them the regular way ($9.00 instead of $13.00) then they still most likely will get them on time.</p>

<p>They told me that they need them by the end of January or so. You can check to see if they have the "official" scores on the UC Application Status Website. Just watch it & make sure they show up as "official scores"</p>

<p>Good Luck!!</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Yes, it is late. From the UC website: Report your test results.
You may self-report your SAT and/or ACT results in the application, and you also are required to submit official test scores. Please order score reports from the testing agency no later than **December 2008 for fall 2009 admission
*. * University</a> of California - Admissions But it is very likely, as DVC Daisy says, that they will still accept your scores.</p></li>
<li><p>No, they do not prefer one test over the other. However, they do REQUIRE two SAT subject tests in addition to either the ACT with writing or the SAT, so if you forgot to send those in, you have not completed your application. Send them as soon as possible.University</a> of California - Admissions</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I am just going to post a follow up in case someone searches for this topic. I did send my DS scores in late - and he was still accepted to the UCs for which he applied. Not a problem sending in them late if you absolutely have to. Just call to double check and I would suggest sending them with the extra rush fee.</p>

<p>So - for my DS, whose scores were late, he was still accepted :-)</p>

<p>^^disagree with paying the money for a rush fee. Most colleges prefer to accept scores electronically which is normal processing. They then just upload the files and are posted instantaneously to a student account. The “rush” fee ends up being snail mail and manual processing.</p>

<p>Officially UC accepts ALL December scores, and each campus will – thus, December scores are not “late”. However, individual campuses may even look at January scores, but that primarily depends on app processing.</p>

<p>Random question:</p>

<p>Does it matter when you submit your application? In Oct or Nov?</p>

<p>For the UCs it does not matter when you submit your app – just don’t wait until Nov 30 bcos the server ALWAYS crashes, but it can matter for the Cal States, particularly those that are impacted and have impacted majors. Apply early to CSU.</p>

<p>^ I don’t plan on applying to any CSU’s. But I will take that into consideration if I do. </p>

<p>Are you 100% sure?</p>

<p>bump…</p>