Questions from a perspective HS junior about Business school

<p>Hi, well I visited the campus at the beginning of my junior year and I was thoroughly impressed with everything and everyone, although I don't know much about the business school. </p>

<p>Does anyone have any information on TAMU's business school and how it compares to those of Baylor's BS or TCU's. </p>

<p>Also, is the business program as hard to get into as UT's? </p>

<p>and are the classes relatively large? </p>

<p>My biggest concern for applying though is the networking, considering it's in college station.</p>

<p>I live in texas and I'm top 11% </p>

<p>Shooting for top 10% for my senior year! </p>

<p>I would highly appreciate any information regarding Texas A&M's academics.</p>

<p>Thank you!! :D</p>

<p>TCU may be in the best location if you want to end up in Dallas. If you want to end up in Houston, then TAMU without a doubt. I’m from the Waco area and I think that’s where Baylor lacks. </p>

<p>Rankings wise; UT is a top 10, TAMU a top 30, Baylor a top 60 and TCU in the 60s or 70s. I think Baylor is going to be climbing in the rankings a little more, but still they have a lot of ground to make up before reaching the top 30.</p>

<p>Class wise, Mays can get into the 400s for the required courses. Baylor won’t. Lol, when you get to your last three semesters though…classes get to ~30. I was accepted to all right out of high school 4 yrs ago because I was in the top 10%, I don’t know now. I ended up transferring in last semester because I ended up at a CC even though I was accepted, and transferring in is tough.</p>

<p>Thank you, that really helps! </p>

<p>I wasn’t aware that TAMU’s business school had prestige in Houston!
So then Baylor’s business school lacks in networking and job placement? :o</p>

<p>I ask because this was going to be my safety school.</p>

<p>Regarding TAMU and networking, it is the number 2 school in the nation according to recruiters based on the Wall Street Journal poll. The only school above it is University of Penn. If you are looking for a school that will give you the best chances of getting a job after graduation, TAMU is it.</p>

<p>My D is in Mays right now. She is finding it to be AMAZING for networking and career opportunities. What has been the most beneficial is she joined the Business Fraternity Phi Beta Lambda. She’s had recruiters for summer internships falling all over her…She is a very driven person who has been getting good job experience the last few summers in her field (accounting). I’m sure that’s helped, too. However, A&M does provide many, many opportunities for networking.</p>

<p>Getting into Mays can be difficult. APPLY EARLY!!</p>

<p>AGmomx2,
The Pennsylvania State University was the school ranked ahead of TAMU by recruiters. While the University of Pennsylvania has a world-famous business school, it won’t be ranked as highly by recruiters because they won’t graduate people in the numbers that TAMU and PSU will.</p>